Saturday, March 31, 2012

Shoulda been a cowboy


Setting up a shot for Gold Creek

At 7am on March 30, Gold Creek wrapped principal photography. Keeping a schedule of 16 hour work days (allowing only 8 hours for travel, sleep, breakfast, et cetera) for 13 straight days is exhausting. I am not sad for this project to be over, although I am glad to have had the experience. How often do you get the chance to make a western/horror/bigfoot/period piece movie? Yeah.. I'm pretty sure we just invented a brand new sub-genre.

Living and breathing a character for nearly all my waking hours for two solid weeks really allowed me to dive deep into the character, her world, and her relationships. As an actor I have learned a lot and increased my ability to create depth that the camera can pick up.

There happens to be quite a few talented musicians on this set including Danbert Nobacon from the band Chumbawamba ("I get knocked down, but I get up again, no body gonna keep me down!")



Other musicians include Terry Hardesty, a songwriter and long time friend of country music legend Merle Haggard.

Here are some more photos from the shoot:

Me in the trailer between scenes with Sali/Sarah's gun and hat
Horses just hanging out
Authentic 1890's wooden wheel wagon I rode on for some shots
Horses like to watch other horses do stuff
"Kit" and "White Deer" riding - Ignore the telephone pole :)
Danbert Nobacon and me
Danbert/Danny getting "killed"

No comments:

Post a Comment