Saturday, March 17, 2012

Day Zero

It has only just began but the last 24 hours have already been an adventure! It took me over seven hours to make the drive to Twisp, WA, where basecamp for the shoot is located. The drive through the Cascades was stunning. These photos don't do the mountains justice (I was not looking where I was pointing the camera when I snapped these- I was focused on the road).




Around hour five, I ran into some trouble. I hadn't seen a gas station for hours, it was beginning to snow, the sun was setting and I was running on empty. Luckily I found a restaurant with a pump just in the nick of time!

Upon arriving at basecamp, it was to the wardrobe dept. immediately for fittings and contracts.

My room for the next two weeks:

As I was falling asleep I heard yip yips, movement, and howling. Pretty sure a wolf pack was right outside my window!

This was outside my window in the morning: The lower car is the one I arrived in just hours before:

That was yesterday.

Today at 6:00am the cast and crew began shooting. I'm not on the schedule until tomorrow morning, and since today is St. Patrick's Day, some us might head on up to Winthrop for some holiday food and beverage at the old-timey tavern.

Meanwhile, I'm making use of my time off by finishing a research paper for school, and running lines.

More to come,
Emily

3 comments:

  1. can you tell me something about the film?
    did take photos of the wolves?
    do you think that the film will be awesome?
    do you think that I'm making a lot of questions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Irving Fuentes

    I can't say much about the film but it's a western horror film that takes place in the 1880's. It will probably end up being a teen scare date movie. I couldn't get photos of the wolves because it was completely dark out! (no streetlights). If they come back I'm going to try though. -Emily

    ReplyDelete