Saturday, April 21, 2012

This House Is No Longer A Home

I have been busy as a bee. Finishing up this 2nd business degree, this time in Marketing, (which I like MUCH better than Management). I'm really digging the process of conducting research to learn about target markets, and designing a creative strategy and idea that will speak to the target based on the research. It connects so well to my film/commercial work too. I could actually see myself doing that as a "real" job... W&K are you hiring? :)

I just accepted a role in a feature film shooting in September... more on that later. I am very excited to work on this project as we will be approaching character development in a very unusual and in-depth way. Papers get signed on Monday.

Also, I guess the cat is out of the bag: I am now a homeowner. (WTF, I know, right?) Seriously though, the market is so cheap right now that it is not all that strange. I am now in the process of renovating an entire freaking house with the help of some family and friends. (I could not do this without you all, thank you!). This is spendy and time-consuming, and a bit frightening but tremendously satisfying. If you want to see photos (and we all love pictures!) check out my home improvement blog.

Finally, my band is playing a house show in Portland on Friday, April 27 2012. (Facebook invite).


No comments:

Post a Comment