Saturday, October 15, 2011

Lions Eat Their Own (Screen Grab), Etc.

LETO Screen Grab
The past few weeks have been busy- school started up again. Five months left until I've got my Business Degree! Right now I've got a big case of not-being-motivated-for-school. I'd rather focus on film work! I've been auditioning and going to callbacks lately, we'll see if anything comes of it. A couple weeks ago I did a Nintendo shoot... getting paid to play video games definitely falls in the PLUS category of life. I also have at least two projects lined up for the coming months, but I *can't* tell you what yet! I'd rather tell you when I can also link the post to the project's website, provide photos or show video clips. So you're just going to have to wait.

5 comments:

  1. What made you want to become an actor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Transient Forces - Yeah, right? I can't wait to see all the footage from LETO because it's going to be pretty gruesome.

    @Anonymous - I stumbled into acting when I was cast in Paranoid Park without having a CLUE what I was doing. When I left the set, I thought, "That was fun, I can't believe people get PAID to do this!" So I began to explore acting for fun. Only recently have I really begun to take it as serious as I would take any other career path. There are a lot of things that are NOT fun about being an actor (constant rejection, inconsistent income, physical and emotional stress) but I have found that I can tolerate these things. And every day I work I love the job more. I'm not sure if that answers your question :) but thanks for asking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do you like most about acting? And if you weren't acting, what do you think you would being instead? (Also besides being in a band. What other career path would you have taken?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anonymous - What I like most about acting is the variation, being a completely different person every, and usually you're doing things that are more exciting than normal life. I also like the challenge of bringing a character to life. If I were to do something else? Well, I'd love to apprentice as a luthier. I'm also extremely interested in genetics and evolution (and have read a lot of books on the subject). Or I'd write code for applications or websites. (I like coding for some reason but I'm really slow at it.) Or own my own music venue. I probably will end up doing one or more of these things alongside acting in the future, because only TV regulars and celebrities can make enough money to live long term and retire on in acting. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete